2006/1/8, Adrian Holovaty <holovaty(at)gmail.com>:

> On 1/8/06, aaloy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > I'm trying to set the defaul value of a select box based on a
> > parameter, I'm trying something like
> >
> > {% for item in items_list %}
> > <option value="{{item.id}}" label="{{item.name}}"
> >             {% ifequal item.id session.id %}
> >                       selected
> >             {% endifequal %}
> >        >{{item.name}}</option>
> >  {% endfor %}
> >
> > But it complains about non existent item.id. As far as I can see in
> > the for documentation there is no way to get the actual value of the
> > object, isn't it? In that case how could we do that sort of things?
>
> I'm not sure what you mean here...What's the exact error you get?

VariableDoesNotExist
Exception Value:        Failed lookup for key [item] in
Exception Location:

/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/Django-0.90-py2.4.egg/django/core/template/__init__.py
in resolve_variable, line 674

But I have found the problem. I missunderstod the documentation. I
have added an additional check to see if the session variable is set
and now it's ok.

Best regards,

--
Antoni Aloy López