On 1/8/06, John Martin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Thanks Adrian. What I'm actually wondering about though is whether
> there is a "proper" way to clear out a session entirely? Is it just a
> matter of iterating through all of the keys and clearing them one by
> one? And on that note, I keep feeling like a user, upon login, should
> get a fresh session with a fresh ID, rather than reusing a cleaned up
> second hand session. Or am I just worrying about nothing?

It sounds like you're worrying about nothing. :)

But, with that said, you should periodically clean up your sessions
database table to delete sessions that were started more than X days
ago -- where X is your decision. There's nothing in Django that clears
old sessions out of the database.

Adrian

--
Adrian Holovaty
holovaty.com | djangoproject.com | chicagocrime.org