David S. wrote:
No, trac for example uses sqlite, too and it runs fine. I don't know
about this particular behaviour, but maybe the sqlite faq will give you
some answers about that.
Are you creating a thread in your app that makes changes on your database ?

I am just using the Django ORM.
But I did find:
http://projects.edgewall.com/trac/ticket/1811
and
http://www.cherrypy.org/ticket/217
indicating that this is a known problem and that it has a known fix.  I do not
think anything like this is currently implemented in Django, but if it is still
outstanding in a month I would love to circle back and see if I can help.

In the meantime, it is PostgreSQL for me.

It looks pretty much like the patch #463, which fixed multi-threading problem for MySQL. AFAIR, somebody ported it to PostGres. Now sqlite has similar problem. Maybe we should abstract it out somehow and use in all problematic backends?

Thanks,

Eugene