> I haven't suggested this before because I wasn't prepared to implement
> it, but the discussion made the opportunity too ripe.  ;-)
Absolutely - I had never thought of anything like that before. It's
pretty daunting compared to the easy way (automating the
dumping/reloading and manual editing of sql files). I think the
implementation of such a beast would be very difficult though - there
are too many gotchas that have broad impact on the rest of the db. It's
easy enough to prune away at a model but the real difficulties come
when you want to add new fields, especially required fields.
I was just hoping for some django magic to do it all for me ;)

Now what would be fun would be something to populate a database table
with random words or gibberish...

Luke Skibinski Holt