On 1/19/06, PythonistL <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> After a long time and with a big help of Eugene Lazutkin I figured out
> that the problem
> was CRLF where Linux expect LF.(I use XP and most files edit on my XP
> windows and then upload to Dreamhost server.) So, from now on I know I
> must use dos2unix command on Dreamhost.

Any decent FTP client should be able to detect you're sending
non-binary data and use the ASCII transfer method which will
automatically translate this for you.

May I suggest FileZilla (http://filezilla.sf.net/)? It also supports
encrypted connections.

Of course, alternatively you can manually set it to ASCII mode and
upload then. No need for any dos2unix (am I the only one that prefers
things sed 's/^M$//g' nowadays?).

--
Jeroen Ruigrok van der Werven