Hi,

(new here, hello all)

My latest website ( http://freesound.iua.upf.edu ) is becoming more popular then it was ever meant to be, so I'm looking at rewriting it in django and rethinking the model space from the bottom up...

Now, I have some questions about caching. Here goes:

1. how does one cache websites (with django) that have personalized views for the users? I.e. there's lot's of thing like

if(user has voted for this item)
   display "hello <username> you voted <user_vote>/10 for this item"
else
   display voting dropdown

Obviously this is a simple example. How does one handle this in the caching? If I have X pages with voting boxes and Y users, I don't want to be caching X x Y files...

2. does django automatically invalidate caches when objects, displayed in the cached page, are changed? I.e. say a person votes and you want to display the page with his new vote on it. This means I should invalidate the cached page. Does django help me with this in any way, or should it be done by the coder.

Thanks a lot for any possible answers!

 - bram

--
MTG                   - http://www.iua.upf.es/mtg