On 2/8/06, Amit Upadhyay <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > What I notice is that whenever an entry is added to LDAP, it is not
> reflected in the SelectField drop-down on the create form for the model. But
> if I simply restart the Apache httpd server, the drop-down is correctly
> populated.
> >
> > Can someone tell me why this is so?
>
> This is so because getLocationChoices() is calculated when model is being
> created. To solve your problem you can do the following:

You could do what Amit suggested, but I would suggest creating a
separate Location model  to avoid this problem entirely. The "choices"
parameter is intended for a finite list of choices that never change.
When you're dealing with data that needs to be dynamic, use the
database.

Adrian

--
Adrian Holovaty
holovaty.com | djangoproject.com | chicagocrime.org