ToddG wrote:
I'm going to be starting a project in the next few weeks, and I was
wondering what people recommend building on at this point. I've been
exploring with the svn of trunk, but I'm not sure on what version of
the codebase would be best to start a "real" project with. Any
suggestions?

You do say "weeks" here. The magic removal branch may well be 0.92 by then. If so, start there. Otherwise, go with 0.91 and be ready to shift to 0.92.

'magic removal' will become the standard once it is released. Might as well plan for it.