On 2/9/06, Adrian Holovaty <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On 2/8/06, Milton Waddams <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > I'm wondering if anyone has a filter which safely truncates html so as
> > not to chop through tags.
>
> Hey Milton,
>
> You could try using the Python interface to HTML Tidy:
>
> http://www.egenix.com/files/python/mxTidy.html

That was going to be along the lines of my solution if I didn't get a
response :)

I was going to use microdom (have had some trouble with html tidy in
the past) and maybe some xpath, xsl or similar to sort out what is
what. Am a little concerned about performance, if I'm truncating 50
stories per page then it may start hurting my server without caching.