> Would it be possible for me to use this function within a template
> {% if user.is_member_of:"blah" %}

I think calling functions with parameters from within a template was
deliberately not included for security and simplicity reasons. This
doesn't stop you from evaluating it in the view or writing a custom
tag.

{% member_of "group" %} for just requests or
{% member_of "user, group" %} for users and groups ...

it's not a very elegant solution, which makes me suspect there may be a
nicer way of doing this. what would be nice is a

{% if "groupname" in user.get_group_list %}

But my template skillz are mediocre at best ;)

Luke Skibinski Holt