Hi,

It still reverses the order for me and I'm only adding fields as well.
Fortunately
I don't really need the parent class for anything. So i just listed
fields in parent in reverse order, so my children classes then get the
fields in proper order. It's crude but It works.

Ideally there would be a way where I can specify the order of the
fields in admin .... oh wait there is :-)

http://www.djangoproject.com/documentation/tutorial2/#customize-the-admin-form

I guess in light of this the order of fields in subclassed objects is
not really a big deal.

Thanks for help, though.