Probably simple, but this is a problem I cannot figure out.

Under my django project directory I have a folder called 'utility':

- myproject
----- urls.py
----- settings.py
----- manage.py
----- __init__.py
----- apps
----- ----- polls
----- utility
---- ---- __init__.py
---- ---- utilityfunctions.py

When I try to import utilityfunctions.py from my python console using
the following command, it works just fine:

from myproject.utility.utilityfunctions import *

However, once I place this good looking import command inside my
myproject/apps/polls/models/polls.py it gives me error (ImportError: No
module named utility.utilityfunctions)once I try to import the models
in using:

from django.models.polls import *

What is my problem?

Thanks for your help in advance,