ak wrote:
> Thans for your answer Jason but I think you are wrong. As far as I know
> "python manage.py install polls" should create all tables in my DB. It
> was done and I can sucessfully load entities from database, modify them
> and save them back and I see all these tables and records in mysql.
> Even things from tutorial #3 work ok to me and i can create?modify
> templates and show things from DB on the site using django. Only admin
> stuff doesn't work. And only when I open edit screens, when I see list
> items screen everything's just fine.

There are three major DB-related steps to do:

``python manage.py init``
``python manage.py install admin``
``python manage.py install myapp`` for every myapp

The first two you only have to do the first time you initialize the
database. Init in particular creates several key tables that are used by
the admin and auth, including the Content Types table that is giving you
your reported error message.

--
--Max Battcher--
http://www.worldmaker.net/