On Mar 1, 2006, at 3:57 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> anyone ?

I guess guys and gals are busy with PyCon Sprint these couple days,
so they couldn't pay much attention on the mailing list. That's unusual.

Personally I haven't use cache in a production Django site yet, but I
will try to share my understandings.

>> however, there are two things that I haven't been able to sort
>> out on my own:
>>
>> - the admin site is cached too, which makes it a bit hard to use.
>> it might be a middleware ordering problem, but I haven't found a
>> working combination. any ideas?

How about running the admin site with another process, say another
mod_python configuration, separated with the main site? This way, you
can have a separate settings for the admin site.

>> - I would like to explicitly remove pages from the cache, based
>> on the URL. is there some public API for this that I haven't found ?

There is a section in the Cache API document called "Controlling
cache: Using Vary headers" (http://www.djangoproject.com/
documentation/cache/#controlling-cache-using-vary-headers). If you
didn't check it out, it might be useful for you, although I didn't
have chance to use it yet.

Cheers
- Cheng Zhang