Hi Folks,

I think there are two ways of doing what I want to do. Essentially what
I want to do is be able to have read-only tables in the admin interface
(these tables get populated from an external app), but I'd like the
flexibility to be able to view the data in them from within the admin
application.

I realize that the obvious answer would be to just create generic views
for them. This may be the way to go, but I like many of the features of
the admin inteface:

- the user and group permission setup, for instance, so I can control
who can view the tables.
- the filter by and search options (although I'd like to be able to
filter by two fields and don't seem to be able to do that, and the
search field doesn't seem to display the field you're searching on
which may be a little confusing for the user).

Can anyone point me in the direction of whether I really should just go
with generic views (and if there's an easy way to include the search
and filter options), or if there is a "read-only" option in the admin
console that I'm missing.

Thanks, Tom