Op vr, 03-03-2006 te 11:54 -0600, schreef Eugene Lazutkin:
> ...but your own separate physical computer is even better. And for
> moderately serious stuff you can use your own collocation facilities
> spread around the globe, which can be supplemented by relatively cheap
> Akamai offering. :-) The reality is that in many cases it is not about
> trade-offs, it's about hard limit on your money. If I have $20/month to
> burn, I cannot afford VPS or other nicer options. I guess this is the
> case for many people, who use DreamHost.

One can also try to find some friends who want to put some money
together to rent a dedicated server.  Me and 3 friends have a dedicated
server from Hetzner.de, which means it costs each of us less than 10
euro/month (39 euro or about 47 USD per month for a dedicated server --
sometimes, like this month, they even have cheap servers for 29
euro/month).

--
Jan Claeys