I want to display a grid view of some of the data from a large
database.  I want to manipulate each data row prior to displaying it,
so I can't just let the template code do the database read work.  Since
the dataset is potentially large, what I want to do is write an
iterator which will read the model's data (using get_iterator()',
manipulate the data rows, and then yield a dictionary (what Django
seems to call a 'context') for each row.  Then I would pass my iterator
in to the template, and use a 'for' loop in the template to get each
row of the data and fill in the data values.

When I actually try this, I get a traceback ending with:

/home/mike/Work/projects/django/trunk/django/core/template/defaulttags.py
in render

  83. context.push()
  84. try:
  85. values = self.sequence.resolve(context)
  86. except VariableDoesNotExist:
  87. values = []
  88. if values is None:
  89. values = []

  90. len_values = len(values)

So, am I completely off base here?  Is what I want to do not possible,
or is there another way I can tackle this?

Thanks,
Mike Kent