On Sun, 2006-03-12 at 17:14 +0000, Zanchey wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> After tearing my hair out with an "OperationalError: Unable to close
> due to unfinalised statements" exception this afternoon under SQLite, I
> switched over to Postgres. This threw more helpful exceptions, and led
> me to discover that when calling save() on an AddManipulator instance,
> any unsupplied text values are set to NULL, -not- the empty string.
>
> This seemed to go against my understanding of Django's treatment of
> unsupplied strings (with the Model API documentation specifically
> recommending against the use of Blank = True and Null = True on
> CharFields and TextFields).
>
> Anyway, I thought I'd post this in case anyone else comes across it,
> and also to see if anyone can point to anything that clarifies this
> distinction - or indeed whether I should file a ticket on this issue.
>
> (This is on Django 0.91, running on FreeBSD.)

Since this obviously doesn't happen all the time for everybody (or else
we would have heard about it before), can you post some details about
how to trigger this problem? A simple model, perhaps?

Probably best to open a ticket, too, containing the details, so that it
doesn't get lost.

Thanks,
Malcolm