On 3/12/06, Mike Kent <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> What I want to do is create a form that lets me enter the book title,
> and a comma-separated list of author names.  The list of author names
> would then be split on the commas, and if an author name was not in the
> Author table, it would be inserted.  I want the form to work for both
> create and update.
>
> Can someone give me a pointer to info on how to go about this?

Hi Mike,

If you don't want to have to write any code, Django's automatic admin
interface will give you approximately that -- with the appropriate
"class META: admin=meta.Admin()" declarations in your models, the
automatic admin screen for book objects will display a "plus" sign
next to the authors field, which will allow you to add authors who
aren't already in the system. This will work for both create and
update.

See the Django tutorial for full information on how the admin site works.

Adrian

--
Adrian Holovaty
holovaty.com | djangoproject.com