On Tuesday 14 March 2006 21:43, Viktor Kerkez wrote:

> 1. Why are the generic views from list_detail package different from
> the views from create_update package.
>
> When I use create_object or update_object, I have to pass to it
> {'model' : MyModel} dict, but when I use object_list I have to do:
>
>  from django.db.models.query import QuerySet
>  info_dict = {'queryset' : QuerySet(model=MyModel)}

The list_detail is fundamentally different from create/update - the
former is just used for displaying a set of objects (which might have
additional filters), but the create/update views need a model class
since they will be creating/changing instances of that class.

The way I had anticipated using the queryset parameter was:

  info_dict = {'queryset' : MyModel.objects.all() }

... so you don't have to import QuerySet.

> 2. Why does the object_list return 404 when my table is empty,
> instead of rendering the template with object_list variable beeing an
> empty list.

You can pass 'allow_empty=True' to get the behaviour you want.  I think
personally that should be the default -- IIRC there is a ticket about
this.

Luke

--
"Whom have I in heaven but You?
And there is none upon earth that I desire besides You." Psalm 73:25

Luke Plant || L.Plant.98 (at) cantab.net || http://lukeplant.me.uk/