Viktor Kerkez wrote:
> Glenn Tenney wrote:
>> As a friend of mine reminded me, part of your perception feeding that
>> conception is that you're still thinking of these as being columns in
>> a table... when in fact they are classes derived from FormField (and
>> you can derive your own classes from FormField or even from other
>> field types).
>
> I think you didn't understood me... Classes from django.forms are
> derived from django.forms.FormField, but classes in
> django.db.models.fields aren't. They are derived from
> django.db.models.fields.Field, and they are conceptually different but
> still haveing the same naming convention *Field...

This is fairly common in various languages that you should always treat
things in different namespaces (django.forms vs.
django.db.models.fields), regardless of naming scheme, as being
conceptually different.  In most cases you should keep in mind that the
entire namespace is just as much a part of the naming scheme as the
class name itself.  There's no reason to add verbosity to your class
names that is already in your namespace name(s).

--
--Max Battcher--
http://www.worldmaker.net/