"sam" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> A newbie question:
>
> I am using Django admin's authentication to do login/logout for my own
> application. I want to automatically log user out if no activity for 5
> minutes. I read the session tutorial and played a bit with
> SESSION_COOKIE_AGE -- but it doesn't work for me. Any suggestion
> appreciated.

Are you sure SESSION_COOKIE_AGE isn't working for you?  It won't
automatically redirect them to an unauthenticated page when their
session is expired, but their next request should hit @login_required
and redirect them.

Also, if they already had an old session, it will have the default
long expiry time.  You may wish to flush the core_sessions table and
see if it's working for you afterwards.