DavidA wrote:

>I am prepopulating my database with data from a number of flat files.

BTW, if you do this repeatedly and format of those flat files is not a
requirement it is possible to have all initial data in a form of SQL
script. If you place it in <appdir>/sql/<appname>.sql then Django will
include it in 'sqlall' command right after DB creation.

>Second, I'm using a manipulator to convert string values from the file
>to python values but the do_html2python method expects a POST which
>isn't quite the same as a dict. I had to write a little wrapper dict to
>make it compatible:

You can use the very class that is used for POSTs - MultiValueDict. It's
in django.utils.datastructures:

    from django.utils.datastructures import MultiValueDict
    d = MultiValueDict(your_dict)