sparkydeville wrote:

>I'm new to Django, and I'm seeing various complaints about the
>ImageField, specifically it's basic inability to work as advertised.

Could you, please, clarify what exactly doesn't work in regard to image
fields? My experience is that they are succesfully storing and shoing
images along with filling width and height fields etc...

>My current, cryptic error (using only default templates):
>
>  TemplateSyntaxError: Caught an exception while rendering.

This most often happens because of a messed __repr__ on one of the
models. Django first falls down on wxception when trying to show an
object and then falls down again when trying to show this same object in
an error template. Thus the cryptic message.

>class Article(meta.Model):
>
>    article_title = meta.CharField(maxlength=512)
>
>    def __repr__(self):
>        self.article_title

And here is the culprit __repr__. It should return the value:

    def __repr__(self):
        return self.article_title