On 3/26/06, shredwheat <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I'm just getting started with Django. Went through the tutorials for
> getting a simple form and validation on the user site. I have a time
> and date field shown, but they are plain text entry form widgets. I was
> hoping they would be all decorated out like the time and date fields on
> the admin pages.

No, the JavaScript that does that is currently coupled to other
JavaScript stuff used in the admin. I'm working on porting all of our
JavaScript to the Dojo toolkit, and one of my goals is to make things
like the fancy admin date/time widgets more easily reusable, but I
don't have any kind of timeframe on when that will hit trunk.

> Is it possible to just use one of the admin generic views anywhere in
> the site?

You'd probably have to hack on them a bit.

--
"May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house."
  -- George Carlin