Just to learn Django, I'm 'porting' a small CMS I wrote in PHP for a
customer. While the standard admin buttons "Save an add another", "Save
and continue editing" and "Add ..." makes perfectly sense in most of
the back-end functionality, I have one page where it doesn't: A
Settings page where things like No. of Articles to list on the first
page, image widths, paths etc. can be set.

This is just a single page with a bunch of textfields, checkboxes etc.
In DB it's only one row. I set default values in the model. Optimally
there is only a "Save" button and when the user clicks "Configuration"
in the Admin Index, he should go directly to this page.

So what I wonder is: How to bypass the Add-mechanism and how to remove
the buttons I don't need?

Considering the absurd amount of time I spent writing this back-end in
PHP, Django generally feels like a ligther compared to a flintstone.