On 3/30/06, Daniel Bimschas <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi there!
>
> I'm currently trying to convert an old webapp written in PHP into a
> django-based app. The PHP-System used VARCHAR-Fields as primary keys
> in the MySQL - DB.
>
> Now, if i convert the data for the new tables created by Django, I
> have the problem that the admin interface can't edit any entries where
> the title contains colons (":"), because the admin interface uses the
> primary keys in the url created.
>
> I'm currently using Django 0.92.

What sort of field (i.e. models.XXXField) are you using for your
primary key? Sounds like maybe a SlugField? Unless you are using the
default primary key (implicit id = models.AutoField(), which is
INTEGER AUTO_INCREMENT)? You might then need to set primary_key in
Meta to prevent the default PK from being created. See the model-api
docs.

(All this assumes you are using the magic-removal branch, because you
did say 0.92.)

--
The Pythonic Principle: Python works the way it does
because if it didn't, it wouldn't be Python.