> I want to create a form that has a section with two combo boxes, the
> first combo box is a list of items. The user can then use buttons to
> move an item from one combobox to the other. The items in the second
> combobox I want to read in and set in the database/object. Any thoughts
> on this?

Unless I'm completely misunderstanding you, look at how the admin
application handles many-to-many relationships with the
"filter_interface" property. It's generated by these JavaScript files:

http://code.djangoproject.com/browser/django/branches/magic-removal/django/contrib/admin/media/js/SelectFilter2.js
(the actual code that generates it)

http://code.djangoproject.com/browser/django/branches/magic-removal/django/contrib/admin/media/js/SelectBox.js
(support functions)
http://code.djangoproject.com/browser/django/branches/magic-removal/django/contrib/admin/media/js/core.js
(support functions)

--
"May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house."
  -- George Carlin