On Monday 03 April 2006 19:12, tonemcd wrote:

> I'm using magic-removal and have a 'simple' model for a tag-based
> posting system (which will turn into a voting and image uploading
> system).
>
> Here's the model (slightly cut down to save space);
>
> class Tag(models.Model):
>     slug = models.SlugField(
>             'Slug',
>             prepopulate_from=("title",),
>             help_text='Automatically built from the title.',
>     )
>     title = models.CharField('Title', maxlength=30)
>     description = models.TextField(
>             'Description',
>             blank = True,
>             help_text='Short summary of this tag'
>     )
>     def __repr__(self):
>             return self.title
>
> and
>
> class Post(models.Model):
>     slug = models.SlugField(
>         'Slug',
>         prepopulate_from=('title',),
>         help_text='Automatically built from the title.',
>         primary_key='True'
>     )
>     assoc_tags = models.ManyToManyField(Tag)
>     title = models.CharField('Title', maxlength=30)
>
> What I want to do is get a list of posts that are related to a tag.

I think it will look like this, if t is a Tag:

t.post_set.all()

If you want to change 'post_set' to something else, you need to supply a
'related_name' keyword argument to the assoc_tags field.

By the way, if you can get ipython for your system, you should really
try it out - it makes finding these things out really easy.

Luke

--
"Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country." (Steven
Wright)

Luke Plant || L.Plant.98 (at) cantab.net || http://lukeplant.me.uk/