Well, yeah. But bascially a three-line Python script with a simple
get_list(), returning two small elements, should not be taking seven
seconds. I think there's some more basic problem here such as my sever
just being too small/slow/weak.

But I'm looking forward to your Wiki contribution -- I have the gut
feeling that some of my views and some of my model accesses aren't as
streamlined as they could be and I'm eager to learn any techniques and
patterns that help with optimizations.

Daniel