On 4/10/06, George Sakkis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I understand Django doesn't support database views
> (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/View_%28database%29) right out of the
> box, but I was wondering if there's a reasonably easy way to implement
> (or at least emulate) them. Here's an illustration of a possible API
> (compatible to the magic-removal DB API):

Hi George,

I seem to recall using Django with database views in the past. Django
models are simply wrappers around the database, so it should work just
fine -- the only thing is, you can't make any changes to data
(assuming you're dealing with read-only views).

The other thing to be aware of is you'll want to manually make sure
not to install a database table for your model, because it'll be
hitting a view instead.

Adrian

--
Adrian Holovaty