On 4/10/06, Adam <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Augh, ok, sort of nevermind. Right after I hit "post", the guy who told
> me our firewall wouldn't support WebDAV over http told me we have an
> http proxy outside the firewall that I could use. So problem solved for
> me, but it still might be useful for others with similarly draconian
> firewall issues.

This is an issue that should be taken up with one's system
administrator(s); if you need to access a resource to do your job, yet
your organization will not allow you the means to do so (even after
requesting such, and especially when those means do not exactly fall
into the realm of the exotic, e.g., accessing a public subversion
repository over HTTP), you might want to question the sanity of your
organization's policy-makers, and act accordingly.  :-)

Changing Django's repository to allow HTTPS access would be addressing
the symptom here, not the disease; what's even worse is that enough of
such concessions might convince daft system administrators that they
need to clamp down on the *workarounds* (e.g., HTTPS), rather than
addressing the draconian policy itself.  Hopefully many such policies
are less harsh than they first appear, allowing use of approved
methods (e.g., proxies) when the need arises for developers.