Thanks for the quick reply, Arthur.

I've gone over the MR version of doing this, by overwriting delete(),
which seems to be like a good approach. I have not tried to add it to
my code, because due to some bad management, I'm currently not
working on that particular code. In a way, the problem fixed
itself. ;-)

I will probably come back to it soon, and I intend on using it.

I also agree with Glenn. As a relative python newb, my first thought
was "Oh, so I shouldn't raise an exception if the delete fails? Hmmm,
probably because it would make the admin app do wierd things."

I was actually curious if it would be appropriate to take this a step
further. Have a "can_delete()" which would check if the logged in
user can do some action. After all, you don't want to give a user
false hope by showing them a widget which will just return an error.
I realize that this may be done with group permissions, but it's just
not the same amount of control. Imagine if I allowed logged in users
to delete their own stuff, but not someone elses. Then, you have
managers who can delete stuff that belongs to them or to one of their
team members. And then you have admins who can do whatever they want.
Since Django currently doesn't have "can delete self only"
permissions, could I fake it with a psuedo-delete inside the Model?

This would require accessing current user in the model function. Maybe
this patch?
http://code.djangoproject.com/attachment/ticket/1132/current_user_field_patch.2.diff

These are just some random thoughts, feel free to ignore them.

Thanks for the great software, I'm hoping to devote more time to it as
soon as I get a chance. ;-)

Norbert.