Hi Dave,

Thanks for your comment. That is an ingenious way of getting your tasks
executed by views. Django is so new to me that I'm clinging to my first
conception of how task timing might work lest I become completely lost
:-)

I'm working on a system to automate interactive TV and synchronise
components with external triggers so having the ability to run threads
that kick off frame-accurately is pretty mandatory. What I find amazing
is how easy it is to make an application like that in python (less than
100 lines of code) and how useful Django is in providing a
reconfigurable data structure and web front end.

Cheers,
Mike