DavidA wrote:
> Is the convention to just use float(<field>) or Decimal(<field>)
> whenever I need to use it as a number?

I'm not sure what is the final decision, but in my first try in implementing
validate and to_python methods (in MR) I
use Decimal as return type for the FloatField.

OTOH, maybe we can use float return type for the FloatField (and maybe in db)
and add DecimalField which will use
Decimal as base type. It will be less surprising.

--
Nebojša Đorđević - nesh
Studio Quattro - Niš - SCG