2006/4/14, James Bennett <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> On 4/14/06, Bill de hÓra <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Simulataneous releases will confuse people and enhance any perception
> > that Django is unstable not ready for production work. Parallel branch
> > management has really hurt the Zope community for example; there are
> > lots of other examples out there.
>
> +1.
My vote is also for converting the M-R branch into trunk and perhaps
put the actual trunk as a branch just to mantain security issues with
that affect the 0.91 version.

I'll prefer to deal with an alpha M-R version knowing that this is the
main trunk than inverting my effort in developing applications that I
positivelly know I should remake in order to adapt to the near future
development.

The M-R should also involve a documentation and examples re-write, as
the quality of the documentation is one of the most important factors
that diferentiates Django.

--

Antoni Aloy López
Binissalem - Mallorca