On 4/14/06, Clint Ecker <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Here's basically what I have... the thing with t-shirts is that you can have
> a base product, the design... and it's got several subproducts  Medium Black
> shirts, Large black shirts, Meidum blue.  And they've all got different
> prices attributed to them, like an XXL shirt would be a little more
> expensive than a XL shirt.  For shipping and such, each shirt (or item)
> needs a weight associated with it.

For what it's worth, this is very similar to what I came up with for
handling a jewelry catalog. Each product had a base "design" model
with all the basic information (name, description, etc.) and some base
values (base price, base shipping weight, etc.). Then each design
could have multiple styles, each of which had their own (optional)
price and weight, which would override the base values if you ordered
that style. This allows you to set up really simple products with one
price, while still having the flexibility of multiple configurations
and price levels as an option.