OK, I found the problem...

The problem is that manipulators don't look for the default value of the
field if the field isn't set as editable=False, which is bad because I
may (I have) objects that can be created by different users, and not all
users can set all attributes. When some group of users create an object
I want it to have some default values which can't be set by that user
(and I defined them in my model with default=some_value), but if I set
the field as editable=False, then some other user (with admin roles)
would not be able to set that fields too.

Hidden fields are bad, because user can send POST request with those
fields set the way (s)he wants. And setting this fields in views is also
bad because it's oppose the DRY principle.

I think that the most cleaner solutions is that the AddManipulator
always looks for default values if some values are not submited, not
just when the editable is set to False.