tonemcd wrote:
> Take it easy.... You'll not make friends if people think you're
> shouting...
I didnt meant it, my response was posted twice sorry!

> This works for me with an ImageFile field. FileField should work the
> same...
>
> Template snippet:
>
>     <form action="/electives/upload/" enctype="multipart/form-data"
> method="post">
>             <label for="id_title">Title:</label> {{ form.title }}
>             <label for="id_postdate_date">Post date:</label> {{
> form.postdate_date }} <label for="id_postdate_time">Post time:</label>
> {{ form.postdate_time }}
>             <label for="id_assoc_tags">Tags:</label> {{ form.assoc_tags
> }}
>             <label for="id_image_file">Image:</label> {{
> form.image_file }} {{form.image}}
>             <label for="id_body">Body:</label> {{ form.body }}
>             <input type="submit" value="Save" class="default" />
>     </form>

Thank you, I got this now as you have

> And this view;
> Post is the name of my model, be careful to not confuse it with POST.
>
> def upload(request):
>     # get all the content
>     # for now, just assume a file is uploaded
>     files = request.FILES
>     for uploaded in files.keys():  # key is from <input type="file"
> name="" />, ie image_file
>         filedata = files[uploaded]
>         filename = filedata['filename']
>         content_type = filedata['content-type']
>         content = filedata['content']
>     body = request.POST.get('body', '')
>     assoc_tags = request.POST.getlist('assoc_tags')
>     title = request.POST.get('title', '')
>     manipulator = Post.AddManipulator()   # Post is my model name
>     new_data = request.POST.copy()
>     new_data.update(request.FILES)        # definitely needed
>     new_data['poster_id'] = str(request.user.id)   # following needed
> to make sure manipulator.save passes off without a hitch
>     new_data['poster'] = request.user.id
>     new_data['slug'] = slugify(title)
>     new_data['totalscore'] = 0
>     new_data['image'] = filename                # this doesn't look
> like it should work, does it?
>     new_data['uuid'] = 'no data entered'
>     manipulator.do_html2python(new_data)
>     new_post = manipulator.save(new_data)
>     return HttpResponseRedirect('/electives/')

Once again thank you, I will make sure my upload code is similar to
that.

but how do I go about the error correction?
I have done some tests on my request.POST as it gets to the server, it
does bring along the file name under request.POST['fieldName_file'] , I
print out the errors and surprisingly request.POST['fieldName_file']
has 'this field is required.' error in it! so it will not go through
the upload process!
but when it goes for the error check through the manipulator