On 5/5/06, jbrewer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> If I just run "port install py-sqlite" I get a -bash: port - command
> not found. But if I use PortAuthority (GUI) then it does it.
>
> I am wondering if the darwin port folder is located in /opt/local/bin
> and the other stuff (svn, fcgi) is in /usr/local/bin how are these guys
> talking to eachother?

Yes, but I wouldn't stress about the details. darwinports keeps stuff
in /opt/local/bin so it doesn't clash with the existing system.

port didn't work because it's probably not on your path. The install
instructions for darwinports tell you how to fix that, but if you are
more comforatble with PortAuthority than with the terminal, I'd just
stick with PortAuthority.

Joseph