Hi -

I'm relatively new to Django, and have a question about site & project
organization.

I have several sites that I'd like to develop using Django. Some of
these sites are "top-level" (site1.domain.com, site2.domain.com) and
some that fall under an existing hostname (site1.domain.com/subsite).

Most of the sites will be sharing the database.  Some of the tables
within the database will be shared among the sites, some tables will be
site-specific.

My first question is how to organize django projects and apps.  I'm
thinking of setting up each top-level site as a separate project,
duplicating db connection info in the various settings.py files, and
putting the site directories on the python path so one site can have
access to another site's models.  Does that make sense, or is there a
better way?

Second question - are there any resources on running multiple sites out
of one Django installation?  I see the sites table and site_id setting,
but haven't seen much about how best to use them.

thanks in advance,

Miles