My inclination was it could be done with a lot less code.  Thanks for
giving me this.  The only thing I had to change was to put all() before
order_by b/c I got some error about all() not being a method of the
querySet (or something like that).

What I'm not clear on is what ifchanged looks at.  Does it look at the
for loop and "event", or does it look at what's in the body of
ifchanged?  In this case the event.date_from?

Thanks again.

-Rob