On Friday 12 May 2006 16:56, Frank Miles wrote:
> Am I missing something obvious?  I'd appreciate any insights, including any
> specific documentation.  So far, pouring over the docs and user-lists
> hasn't yielded the insight I still lack.
>
> TIA!
>         -frank

Hi Frank,
I too amd on 0.91.  I'm not using the form object to layout my file input
tags, though.  Here's the HTML I have in my template.  Note that the file
input requires two input tags.  My model's file field is named 'batch_file':

<input type="file" class="input" name="batch_file_file"
id="id_batch_file_file" />
<input type="hidden" id="id_batch_file" name="batch_file" value="" />

Sorry I can't give you more details as I've not used the {{ form.fieldname }}
approach you are.  I hope this is a good lead for you, though.  Also, are you
updating your req.POST multivaluedict with the req.FILES?:

new_data = req.POST.copy()
new_data.update(req.FILES)

Best,

Eric.