Hi,

  I'd like to clarify with some sample code. I hope this makes my
question clearer. My question is about the line marked with an
uppercase comment.

Mikah

#####

def modify(request, item_id):
    ''' View to modify a single node. '''
    try:
        manipulator = nodes.ChangeManipulator(item_id)
    except nodes.NodeDoesNotExist:
        raise Http404

    item = manipulator.original_object

    if request.POST:
        new_data = request.POST.copy()

        #### WHERE SHOULD THIS FUNCTIONALITY GO? #####
        moveOK = moveNode(item.id, new_data['parent'])

        errors = manipulator.get_validation_errors(new_data)

        if not errors:
            manipulator.do_html2python(new_data)
            manipulator.save(new_data)
            return HttpResponseRedirect("/nodes/modify/%i/" % item.id)
    else:
        errors = {}
        new_data = item.__dict__

#####