qhfgva wrote:

> - Is there a way to have input fields that are only available to
> certain users/groups?

> - Is there a way to have certain rows not editable based on user/group
>    (e.g the mangager_signoff column is true so non manager users can't
>    modify this row any more)?

See the other answer about my hacky solution, which should cover these
two.

> - Is there a way to have certain filters on as default?  (Instead of
> set to "All")

I can't think of a way to do this at the moment.

> - Is there a way to highlight certain rows with colors (e.g. if a row
> meets a certain condition - e.g. a task past a due date highlighted in
> red.)

I think you should be able to do this in javascript - I think it is the
'js' option to Admin.

> - Is there a reasonable way to add/remove buttons to/from the
> save/delete buttons at the bottom of the create/update pages?

You can override the admin templates on a per-model basis, which should
allow you to do what you want.  It's not ideal, as you'll have to copy
the whole template and then tweak the bits you need, which is a pain if
the admin templates change, but that doesn't happen very much any more.

Luke