Greetings,

(scroll down to CLIFFNOTES for the short version)

Here at my company, we're using python and Zope, though several of the
developers have been going on about how great Django is. I'm a systems
administrator by profession, and a php/mysql developer who has been
toying with dojo as hobby. I have a good understanding of development
and programming using various languages like C, Java, Perl, PHP, *nix
shell scripting, and a little Windows VB Scripting.

I've decided I might go ahead and give Python a try, for a couple a
reasons

 - learn a new language, one which is used here so I can better support
our developers
 - I've got an idea for a large project, that in order to keep it clean
I'm going to need to use some sort of framework. I've taken a couple
stabs at it in php and repeatedly run into the "code bloat" problem.
 - As a sysadmin I'm somewhat of a security nazi. I'm one of three
people who do the security reviews on our developers here, and
generally the main one as I have the most web application building
experience. Code built on Django is pretty secure right out of the box
from what I've heard.

One question I've been trying to get answered before I start messing
around with the project is input validation. Specifically html. I'm
looking at making heavy use of the Dojo Editor in my project. But
there's a lot of html I'm going to want filtered, if not excluded
altogether. There's some great tools out the for php that do this, I
was wondering what functionality for this sort of thing exists in
Django, or is available to plug into Django?

I did search google, and google groups for an answer to this but
haven't found anything solid, so that's why I am posting here.

CLIFFNOTES:
 - Hobbyist programmer/professions sysadmin looking at giving django a
try, with the dojo toolkit, and is curious as to what kind of html
input validation tools are currently available for parsing input from
the dojo editor.