Hi.

Please tell me it isn't so...

I cannot BELIEVE that I spent several hours yesterday migrating my
project to the "Magic-Removal branch", now that it's been merged to
trunk and adopted by so many people, only to discover after my stuff
breaks and I do some reading up in the newsgroup, that model
inheritance (which I use quite a lot of) is not supported AT ALL in the
MR branch.

I read and followed these docs:
http://code.djangoproject.com/wiki/MagicRemovalCheatSheet
http://code.djangoproject.com/wiki/RemovingTheMagic

Both of these don't even MENTION model inheritance (I just checked,
doing a fulltext search). RemovingTheMagic: "This document explains all
changes." -- Um, no. It appears it doesn't.

My reason for migrating to the mr branch? I want to launch soon and I
didn't really want to launch with a soon-to-be-obsolete codebase and
database schema, forcing me to spend even more effort in migrating data
later on, when many users (hopefully!) have entered lots of data into
my portal.

Please tell me I'm missing something.
Please tell me inheritance is working fine, it's just some other bug
that's keeping my fields from actually showing up in the subclasses and
causing exceptions of the kind "Cannot resolve keyword 'submissiontype'
into field".
Please tell me I don't have to throw away a couple of hours of work and
a later point in time (PLUS forcing me to spend effort on database
migration).

Arrrrrgggggghhhhhh!!!

Sorry. Had to vent. Anyway. Please tell me it isn't so.

Daniel