Russell Blau wrote:
> Ahh, thanks, it always helps to take the blinders off.  The only downside is
> that I have to learn how to use yet another software package.  ;-)

An alternative that stays inside Django is to setup a trigger in cron
(or NT's Task Scheduler) that gets a URL every few minutes and the view
code for that URL does the email processing you mention. You avoid
creating a true daemon/service just by "waking" up periodically and
doing any work that needs to be done.

I use this technique for a scheduled task application written in
Django. It works well, avoids the threading issues, and in my case is
good enough for the problem at hand.