Hi,

> I just opened a Webfaction account so that I can learn Django in a real
> web environment instead of running it locally on my pc.
>
> The version they install is not magic-removal. Does anyone know how to
> install this version on a Webfaction account? I had subversion
> installed.
>
> I'm not very well versed in much of this, so as much detail that can be
> provided would be appreciated. Thank you.

At WebFaction we install the Django python module in
$HOME/lib/python2.4 and the Django scripts in $HOME/bin, so you're free
to replace them by whatever version you need.

Also, your own Apache instance with mod_python is in
$HOME/webapps/<webapp name>/apache2/...

Regards,

Remi.

http://www.webfaction.com