On 6/5/06, James Bennett <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Again, can we just let this thread die? Per the Wikipedia entry on
> him, Ilias has been banned from posting to this list.

I didn't know Wikipedia administered this list? Sure, the entry does
point out he has had a few problems on the mailinglists, a lot owing
up to his own behaviour. However, see below.

> As for code that he wrote, I'd personally be wary of us ever using
> anything he didn't post to our own Trac and, even then, I'd probably
> want to run it by an IP lawyer before doing anything with it -- code
> contributed by a supposed "analyst for hire" who seemed to be fishing
> for us to pay him to help with Django is likely to be of questionable
> legal status.

The file points to LICENSE.TXT in the directory evolve.py is in. This
LICENSE.TXT is a BSD 3-clause license just like Lawrence Journal used,
just attributed to himself and stamped 2006. Nothing weird there.

I am all for letting a thread die, just for the right reasons though
and that's currently *not* happening as far as I can see. The
Internet's group mentality can also be very quick in getting out the
tar and feathers and label someone unwanted.

And this will be the last notice from my side on this, unless it has
to do with the technical side of things.

--
Jeroen Ruigrok van der Werven